- metric conversions (including length (M), capacity (L) and mass (G) - many students use the "staircase" method for this.
- perimeter of regular and irregular shapes
- area of rectangles, parallelograms, and triangles (including finding the value of a missing side when given the area - eg. "the area of a triangle is 8cm squared. The base is 4 cm. What is the height?)
- Surface area of rectangular and triangular prisms (including missing sides)
- Volume of rectangular and triangular prisms
- understanding that 1 square meter = 10,000 square cm
- understanding that 1 cubic meter = 1,000,000 cubic cm
I sent home a measurement review sheet for homework that covers most of these. Also, here are some links to some other websites and units I have put together in the past to help students study: